Yesterday, I announced on the RR forums that I wasn’t likely to finish the game in time for the competition, if indeed ever. I was feeling pretty negative about it, and had gone cold on the idea of doing the game at all.
A bit later, though, I decided I would spend one more day on it, and see how far I got. I would like to put something into the competition even if it isn’t really representative of my best work.
Today, then, was make-or-break day, and I’m pleased to say that, even after only a few hours, I have managed to do a good deal of the work, and am once again confident of hitting the deadline. It might not be that pretty, and will probably be a bit lacking in the sound department, but there will be a playable game from me in the competition.